Rotations not correct

I’ve exported an amination from 3DSMAX to VRML and tried to recreate the movement with OpenGL. Nothing was the same. When I rotated a part of the model around more than one axis, the movement became weird. It rotated my mesh in a bad direction. I saw, that in the WRL file - though I only rotated the element around one axis - the rotation was done around all three.
As I have almost completed my first big OpenGL app, I’m very angry about this… Can anyone tell my what can I do?

(
…I know #1: “use the 3ds or whatever file format…” - well, I passed some days understanding VRML and found it good. I don’t want to learn 3ds, or any other format now
…I know #2: “there are good converters on the net, blahblahblah…” - if someone could tell me where I can find a free app that is able to export animation too, it would solve my problem (I think:))
)

pls hellllp

3dsmax uses another coordinate system than opengl. i dont know exactly which one, but you could either google for it or have a look the this funny colored arrows in the modeling window of max to get the uses system. i think x points away, y points left and z upwards. build a conversion matrix from the max system to the one you use in your code and transform each read vertex by it.

example matrix:
0 1 0 0
1 0 0 0
0 0 -1 0
0 0 0 1

this matrix would swap the x and y axis and invert the z axis.

if it does not help, describe a little more detailed, what you are trying to achieve and how you did it. dont offend people before they answered…

I’ve read many topics about this sort of problem, but there were only these two kind of answers…

Ok, the problem is the following:

• I rotated the arm of my human model towards me (facing the viewer), call it X axis in the 10th frame
  • in the 20th frame I rotated the arm along the Y axis
  • the result in 3DSMAX was a model rotating his arm upwards, then sidewards

What I got was an animation, where my model rotated his arm till the 10th frame upwards, then, from 10 to 20th frame along X, Y and Z axis. I looked at the source of the WRL file and saw, that what I did was correct, only the values were incorrect. When I exported the same anim to ASE, I got different values. As I haven’t written my ASE loader yet, I don’t know, which values are correct.
I suppose, ASE should be, as WRL looks like having bad values…

If you want, I can write here some of the values that I got, but I didn’t want to eat up too much space.