Help setting up OpenGL with Borland C++ 5.5

I’ve set up Borland C++ 5.5 and I know it works.
I copied glut.h into my Borland\BCC55\Include\Gl director and I have copied glut32.lib to the Borland\BCC55\Lib directory. I have also copied glut32.dll into into the windows system directory. I use Windows 2000.

When I compile a program, this error comes up:
Only one of a set of overloaded functions can be “C” When I click on it, I am taken to line 146 of glut.h

Okay, I got copied a glut.h from another source to my include directory, and now I get an error saying
C:\Borland\BCC55\Lib\Glut32.lib contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF)

alright im now expert im just a newbie but usually the glut precompile libraries (glut32.dll and glut32.lib) are Vc++ compiled libraries not Borland… There is a way to convert them did you do this??

Why can’t Microsoft use ASII C++? Anyway, how do I convert them?

What is “ASII C++”. I think you mean ANSI C++. Object files and libraries are not covered by the C++ specification. You’ll find that binary files generated by one compiler are generally not compatible with other compilers. Get the libraries for your compiler.

Ok, I got the OpenGL libraries from http://www.go-to.sk/programming/opengl/default.htm
and I think I followed the directions

I keep getting these errors that there is not “Unresolved external” for all the glut functions in reference to the .obj file.

if you include glut.h you do not have to include gl.h or glu.h… Are you??

You may not have to, but including gl.h and glu.h in addition to glut.h won’t cause any problems. Besides, what he is describing is a linker problem. It is saying that there ARE unresolved externals. This means that you have not included the proper libraries or possibly have not included them in the right order.

The problem is that the exit prototype in glut.h (line 146) is conflicting with another exit protoype

Heres what you do…

1.Just comment out line 146…

#if defined(_WIN32)

ifndef GLUT_BUILDING_LIB

//extern _CRTIMP void __cdecl exit(int);

endif

#else

I then ran into the error ‘fatal error can’t open glu32l.lib’…

1. The fix was to copy glu32.lib,opengl32.lib, and winmm.lib from \Borland\BCC55\Lib\PSDK to \Borland\BCC55\Lib\

After this all should work fine…
Let me know how it goes!

I fixed the problem. I included glut32.lib in the command line. I put:
bcc32 myprogram.c glut32.lib
and my program compiled perfectly. Thank you for trying to help me.

I seem to remember that borland had a library convert untility that would do MS to borland, check the help files on library conversion. or look in the BIN directory.

Originally posted by I love OpenGL:
Why can’t Microsoft use ASII C++? Anyway, how do I convert them?