Java and OpenGL

Okay, this may not be the right place to post this, but I am at my wits end…how the heck do you get GL4Java to work. I am writing a screensaver for work am have to port the code over to Java. Before you say “Don’t use java” you should know that I HAVE to do it in Java. Anyways, does anyone have a suggestion on how I might do this. I have tried and tried to get the GL4Java libraries to work, but I always get the error message “cannot find such and such.class”. I have edited my PATH and followed all the instructions on the website. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Tone

I had similar problems getting the Magician bindings to work. I jar’ed up all the Magician classes and placed them in the lib/ext directory of the jvm. If you place jars in this directory it allows any java program to use them without getting permission via a certificate so watch what you put there.

Hi,

I also had some of the same problems, and found that the gl4java installation did not properly extract all the classes. What I did was i unpacked the three jar archives and placed them under the lib/ext dir and it worked out fine. Especially the png package had some problems on my machine.

–sil

Thanks for the input. I’ll try out those suggestions and let you know.

Tone