Use D3D!! It's better...

Hi, my name is Bill Gates, and my company does everything for the consumer. Really, we’re trying to please the consumer, instead of going after their money. Please, we CREATED Direct3D for you!! We never do anything right, so we keep updating DirectX, and umm, make the impression that OpenGL is falling behind… Oh by the way, I am a big penis and will continue trying to monopolize everything. Please buy the X-Box, it can do a trillion operations per second. You know that!! That’s more than my money… man I’ve never seen so much opertions/second in Microsoft. Gee. Please throw your PlayStations and Nintendo 64s away, because they don’t know this… don’t miss out on the MICROSOFT X-box. If you don’t have a X-box, you’re stupid. People will think something is wrong with you. I am still a cock. Oh yeah, did I mention? Our software and our libraries are buggy, and we demand to control the PC market.

Thanks for the concern.
Now you should use the API that everyone else has been using DirectX! I mean even OpenGL.org is giving out tutorials on DirectX, ofcourse it must be a really good API right? That’s what I thought.
Ok, now go buy the X-box!

-Always looking after your money, I mean you.
Bill Gates

ha ha

ha ha

he he, nice one

heh, the only decent thing microsoft has made is mice… other products are well, I’ll leave that up to Mr. Gates

I like very much M$ Hardware (keyboards, mice…)

But I dislike their software…

yeah, but masm rocks, whatever those nasm freaks say…

i have a dream of a future where microsoft has pretty much died away, their software market gone and their strangle-hold on the industry dissipated, left in the world as a dying company, but supported by the one thing that they’re really good at: mice and keyboards.

you know, i can use my usb intelli-eye on my imac? and since it’s usb, i can yank it out of my pc and swap it. pretty cool.

You guys better hope that their X-box doesn’t make a big hit… They’ve already got Carmack working with them… (guy who made the Q3 engine and now working for Microsoft on the Xbox), if X-box makes big, OpenGL dies! (because it uses DX!)

Originally posted by Ingenu:
[b]I like very much M$ Hardware (keyboards, mice…)

But I dislike their software…[/b]

[This message has been edited by ngill (edited 07-17-2000).]

Sigh.

One: Carmack is not working for Microsoft. He comments on their stuff in informal tech reviews, that’s all. He does the same for Apple, 3Dfx, NVidia and probably a whole bunch of other people.

Two: MS has already committed to shipping a full OpenGL ICD/NVidia driver with X-Box. Carmack has stated that anything he does on X-Box will use OpenGL. So what’s the big fuss? It’s just another platform, with some nicely-specced gfx hardware but a fairly pathetic amount of RAM.

Folks, I dislike Microsoft as much as the next guy, but TBH threads like this just make the OGL community just look kind of lame. If you have to flame, at least flame accurately.

You mean Microsoft has given Nvidia permission to make the OpenGL drivers. Microsoft, itself wouldn’t dare touch the dirty OpenGL.

As much as I dislike microsoft I have to admit they are finally getting DirectX right. It only took till version 8 though

Well there naming convention still leaves alot to be desired.

Yeah… I read it on over slashdot… he even replied himself, and said he still prefers OpenGL for now.

Yeah, and buncha guys said MS can ignore him all they want… + that he had moved MS towards opengl before, and hope they can do it again!

Wehayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

It good to have a funboy lighten this forumn up every know and then, it’s a pitty a few seriousboys towards then end of the thread turned it serious.

Bill Gates = Jerky!

I’m sure I’ll get ripped on this, but here is my question. Why is Microsoft so hated? I can understand that the software has bugs, but so does everything else. My main point is, with OpenSource OSes, why hasn’t every MS-hater devoted some time into making Linux, BeOS, etc…a valid/legit programming OS(and develop applications and compilers for it). I’m new, and I know I’m making it sound easier then it is, but with all the MS protestors, why hasn’t this been done in a timely fashion? Not to mention, why are people still using it? As long as a majority of the people complaining still use it then MS has no need to fold to their every request/demand.

Hopefully (painlessly) y’all can help me understand these situations.

Oh, there are people that do something about Windows sucking the big one. It’s called using Macs.

SHaggy

>I’m sure I’ll get ripped on this, but here >is my question. Why is Microsoft so hated? >I can understand that the software has bugs, >but so does everything else.

This is just my personal opinion, and i don’t ~hate~ MS i just don’t like them because their success is not based on superior products but a monopoly of the industry.

Another reason i don’t like their software is because they try to make everything so bell and whistly, and ‘easy’ to use that when someone who actually knows something about computers uses the program, he/she goes insane and ends up sitting in the corner of a street waiting for it to rain in order to fill a cup and make some green jello. =P

Microsoft, his compilers, his operating systems, his programs, his consoles and all of them sucks.
Kiss me the eggs Billy.
Billy’s dick is the littlest dick in the whole wide world.

EdenMatrix I agree with you on that point absolutely, but I do see a good side to it. If software is easier to use that means more people will use that software (my powers of the obvious are truely amazing). Since more people use the software it drives the industry to develop it creating better and hopefully cheaper software.

Just my 2c

Chris

As far as I know, there hasn’t been anybody yet who could write an operating system that works on so many different configuration of computers and hardware as microsoft did.

I can’t… Can you?

Originally posted by Mr. Antagonist:
[b]I’m sure I’ll get ripped on this, but here is my question. Why is Microsoft so hated? I can understand that the software has bugs, but so does everything else. My main point is, with OpenSource OSes, why hasn’t every MS-hater devoted some time into making Linux, BeOS, etc…a valid/legit programming OS(and develop applications and compilers for it). I’m new, and I know I’m making it sound easier then it is, but with all the MS protestors, why hasn’t this been done in a timely fashion? Not to mention, why are people still using it? As long as a majority of the people complaining still use it then MS has no need to fold to their every request/demand.

Hopefully (painlessly) y’all can help me understand these situations.[/b]

dude, you are on crack… linux is developing faster than MS windows. a lot faster, have you seen Windows Millenium!!! It runs applications SLOWER than win98, it has barely faster boot times. But yet, MS is releasing them, so that the people buy it, and it makes money and invests into stuff like directX and Xbox and other software, it feeds on people’s money. I use linux, and I love it… true, I have had a little problems getting used to it at first, but hey I had the same problems with win3.1 when it came out… dude, KDE is only two years old!! did you know that?! Microsoft dictates how computers should be made and how programs should be written (that’s bad). I could go on endlessly… I used to be misinformed like yourself, but now I see the giant in its true shape. You need to be able to recognize the devil when you see it son. It won’t always have a red body, and horns. How much control do you have over how windows works? Barely any… How much control do you have how X works? A LOT!! (If you know what you are doing!). How stable is win98? (5 bluescreens/day?). Dude I urge you to try linux, there are plenty of websites that’ll help you get started… get like Mandrake 7.1 or the latest distro of RedHat… By the way, a lot of stuff is free, like GIMP (Adobe Photoshop=bunch of $$), StarOffice (MS Office = $400), Enlightenment/X/Linux (MS Windows=$100), gcc (MSVS = $500). gee that’s a lot of money!! that you can use to get a lot better hardware, more ram, better sound card, video card… Good companies are already building 3d video drivers for them!!