cant open include file? 'GL/glut.h'

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘GL/glut.h’: No such file or directory.

can someone tell me how to fix this problem. I installed microsoft visual c++ 6 today, d/led the glut and opengl files.

placed the follwoing files gl.h , glut.h , glu.h in \VC98\Include\gl\ directory,

also placed opengl32.lib , glu32.lib , glut32.lib in the \VC98\Lib\ direcotry

also added opengl32.dll , glu32.dll and glut32.dll in the \system32 directory and still getting that error. please someone help me, im running WinXP.

thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem with glut.h the other day using devc++. All I had to do was add some linker paths to the project for glut32.h or something and it ran.

I discovered this by downloading a devc++ project file from Nehe that ran and then worked out what was different that made it run and not mine. Perhaps you could do the same as there are Visual Studio projects there too. (I used lesson one I think)

Good luck!
Scam

anyone has any other suggestions?

GLUT is an add-on to OpenGL, its not part of OpenGL.

Check this out: http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut.html

Wild stab: use

#include <gl/glut.h>

instead of

#include "gl/glut.h"

You may also try this:

change #include<GL/glut.h> to #include<GL\glut.h>

In unix the forward slash is used for directotry seperators, in DOS the back slash is used.

Note some compiler will take it ether way, not sure with VC6.

MSVC6 doesn’t mind the forward slash.

im running the microsoft visual c++ 6 introductory something… not sure but i will try all your suggestions later tonight and will let you all know.

thanks ppl.

In visual c++ in project/setting in setting go in link and there add opengl32.lib glu32.lib glut32.lib in the field objects/librairy modules.