"cannot open file "and.obj"" error

I get this error when i go to build the file im following the NeHe tutorials and im trying to get the first one to work but it just wont seem to work.

When i go build i get the error
"
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file “and.obj”
"
im postitive ive goten the compiler setup to use openGL right but i guess i havnt can anyone help?

which operating system, which compiler?

windows 98 and microsoft visual c++ 6.0

Which of NEHE tutors are you trying to compile?

Did you download the correct version for your compiler?

Originally posted by joefess53:
[b]I get this error when i go to build the file im following the NeHe tutorials and im trying to get the first one to work but it just wont seem to work.

When i go build i get the error
"
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file “and.obj”
"
im postitive ive goten the compiler setup to use openGL right but i guess i havnt can anyone help?

[/b]

teh very first nehe tutorial the one setting up a window in opengl for windows

hm. what is and.obj for? Maybe your compiler setup is broken. You added the lib files to your project?
l
Jan

yeh included teh libaries and stuff with my project

well ive set the compiler up and linked the libaries for teh file as for teh and.obj no idea i cant see it refered to in teh code

truly weird. But I am not the right person to answer this cause I only work with OpenGL under linux . If you exclude any link to and.obj in the projects setting?

hmm what do u mean by did i exclude it…

Hi !

Do you have a file named and.c or and.cxx or and.cpp ? if not then you probably don’t need and.obj either, one reason is that you have typed or by mistake pasted in “and” in a field in the project settings form for other file to link with, browse around a little in the project settings and see if there is an “and” somewhere.

Mikael

thx man u where right i had the word and between two of the openGL libaries ill be sure to check for that in teh future thx again