gluPerspective alternative?

Is there any alternative to gluPerspective? Im not using GLU but I need to setup my perspective

using glFrustum how can I achive same results as with glu perspective? - I mean with the same input data (window width, height, and clipping, etc).

Thanks

Do your own matrix yourself. Google and you’ll find I’m prett sure.

better yet: where can I find the GLU sources? I couldnt… Only a MESA distribution that seems to have it.

Thanks

So what’s wrong with Mesa then ?

The SGI sample application source is also available (you can find link on Mesa website)

Mikael

Why are you going to use something like MESA when you only need to construct a matrix that can be done in ten minutes with a few lines of code?

Originally posted by Verio Fryar:
Why are you going to use something like MESA when you only need to construct a matrix that can be done in ten minutes with a few lines of code?
Using the source from MESA can get you the matrix in two minutes, saving eight minutes for something else maybe? Not to mention that the MESA source is correct, while yours may not, so you need a reliable way to verify it’s correctness aswell.

Will remain the problems of copyrights after… Even if Mesa is freesoftware, LGPL stipples you’ll need to provide the sources you copied with the LGPL and authors aknowledgements. Just to clear those things.

He was interested in how to do it, this can be found out be looking the the GLU source code in Mesa, this does not mean he has to copy the source code from Mesa, this will not have any impact on the LGPL license that goes with the source code.

And he might also be just fine with the LGPL license.