Test my apps

Apps I do are running on my machine and on machines I can reach. But some people are saying that they dont work on theirs.
I’ll be very grateful to people who will test them. http://www.geocities.com/udodenko/iridf.zip (installer will say it will change homepage. it will not) http://www.geocities.com/udodenko/tc.zip

I seem to be having some trouble downloading these. I did manage to get the iridf.zip downloaded, but tc.zip keeps timing out.

Anyway… the iridescense one ran great on my machine. It’s looking good. Anything in particular that doesn’t seem to work on people’s machines?

BTW, I’ve got a P2-350, 128 Megs ram, and a GeForce 256 running the Detonator 650 drivers.

Anyone read the EULA for the iridecense thing? “This program will set your home page of your browser to …, to change your home page you must uninstall this program”??? I refuse to install this program. The TC program looked pretty cool though, alhtough after running it for approximately 2 1/2 minutes my computer suddenly started to slow down, the mouse jumping from place to place as I moved it. Something was eating ALOT of process time. I have a PIII 800 320mb RAM so I dont think it was my computer’s fault (and the only other thing running was one copy of explorer!) this has never happened before so it was probably something this program was doing. Once I closed the program the computer freed right up and was been working fine since (about 10 minutes now).

[This message has been edited by BwB (edited 03-11-2001).]

Hmmm, slowing down after a few minutes?
I got the same effect with my own demos.
My renderoutine initialized my displaylists everytime it was called, so i ran out of memory after a few minutes. As the result my poggi was slowing down.
Perhaps it is a simular prob.
cu

RandyU wrote:
(installer will say it will change homepage. it will not)

BwB wrote:
Anyone read the EULA for the iridecense thing? “This program will set your home page of your browser to …, to change your home page you must uninstall this program”???

Didn’t read all of Randy’s post, eh? I installed it and it didn’t reset my home page

Tried downloading TC again. It more or less worked, but after a bit it started showing the FPS up in the corner of my desktop and I saw something like a fragment of a title bar floating around there. Really weird.

Thanks!
TC is eating memory due to GetDC on each frame. I tried few thousands of frames and didn’t noticed any slowdowns.
So, I have to call ReleaseDC.

BTW if someone wants sources mail me.

They both worked just fine on my machine.

PIII 733 with 256MB RAM and a G400 32MB video card.

I’m most worried about OS. Does they work on W2K?

Guess I forgot to mention that I’m running Win2k Pro.