aahhh.. I´m going crazy...

I hate this… not exactly but I don´t like when my triangles disaper… it seems like the computer is to slow to draw it befor it changes and should redraw it… but a GeForce 2 mx can´t be to slow to draw a cube with 12 triangles ?? and still they are disapering in some strange way… it is wierd… hard to explain to… I will zip it tomorrow so you can download it from my homepage…

I´ll get back with the address… is there anyone with an idea ?

Perhaps your selected pixel format is forcing software rendering?

Nutty

Perhaps your triangle vertices are not all oriented in the same manner.

Nutty : if the reply from glGetString(renderer) is GeForce 2 mx bla… bla bla… isn´t it using hardwere then ?

DFrey : I am reading from an .ASE file so they should be right. and the triangles is there in some viewpoints but then when I rotate the object they disapear ?! wierd and the faces in behind is shown thrue the object

BTW. I will put the VC++ source and stuff here : www.freebox.com/mcz/mczopengl.zip

The zip is corrupted, so I can’t verify this from the source, but have you enabled depth testing?

harsman : yeah I know the server is mean to me… I have used about 3,5mb of 25mb web-space but when I want to upload I can´t becouse it says it full it is like they are steeling my space… it won´t help if I remove other files I cant put it there anyway

and Yes I have depth testing I have tried to remove it but it didn´t work.

>>if the reply from glGetString(renderer) is GeForce 2 mx bla… bla bla… isn´t it using hardwere then ?

Maybe, maybe not. It means that your hardware driver is responsible for rendering (and not MS’s generic implementation), but whether the driver tells the hardware to render, or if the driver is performing a software rendering, you don’t know.

Bob : but it runs at about 60-70fps if I calculate it right. when I try it on my other computer with a ATI Rage 3D card the reply from glGetString(renderer) is “GDI Generic” so I asume that is software.

You said that the back faces show through the object when they should be being culled. To me that points to polygon winding. I’m guesing that you have face culling enabled? Your polygons might have a Counter clockwise rotation and you might have clockwise set as the front face or vice versa! To fix it just use glFrontFace() or glCullFace(GL_BACK) to tell gl what to cull.

Hi thanks for the help but I found the problem… in my ResizeGLScene this row was the problem
gluPerspective(90.0f,(GLfloat)width/(GLfloat)height,0.1f,200.0f);

instead of 200.0f it was 1000.0f and instead of 0.1f there was 0.0f I change that and then everyting works perfect

Bob,
don’t say that software rendering is slow. At my computer it’s giving 50 fps for rotating cube(800x600 fullscreen).

Zengar : yeah your computer… but I thin you have a better computer then I have

Celeron 333 @ 416mhz
256mb ram
GeForce 2 mx 32mb

it runs Q3A 800x600 16bit at about 60 fps on Hardware rendering and I don´t thing my computer can manage that in software rendering.