Where to find latest gl.h?

I want to use
GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE

My gl.h (which came with both vs.net and vc++.net) are from 1995 and don’t have it.

Thanx, I’ve looked around this site but can’t find it.

Edit: ok, so now I know that I can’t get an updated gl.h (thank you microsoft!) So I included glext.h but this file does not contain GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE. My gl version is 1.3 and I do support the edge-clamp extension. Do I have to “activate” the extension like I’ve seen done for arb_multitexture? (ps- I searched the glext.h file for the word “clamp” and it is not in there: it is Copyright 1992-1999 Silicon Graphics, Inc.)

thanx!

[This message has been edited by C123 (edited 03-16-2003).]

Look for glext.h which I think is either in the download section or the FAQ section of this site.

To use GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE just do this
#define GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE 0x812F

Thanx! I guess I had a really old copy of glext.h. I downloaded the one from here (its about 10 times longer than my old one!)

& it works, thanx

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/sdk.html

This is the site you want to get it from. It has the latest stuff on there as they change it every two minutes.

Originally posted by C123:
[b]Thanx! I guess I had a really old copy of glext.h. I downloaded the one from here (its about 10 times longer than my old one!)

& it works, thanx [/b]

[This message has been edited by mancha (edited 03-16-2003).]

Hey thank you for that link: I think I will use the sdk as well (the glproc.c)

Please excuse my ignorance, but the instructions say to compile the glprocs.c and then link the resulting .obj to my application.

But I can’t compile the glproc.c (there is no main function (duh), and also it complains about __imp__wglGetProcAddress@4.

I’m a noob to multiple source files… how do I compile this?

thank you

ok, nevermind, I got it to work

Originally posted by mancha:
It has the latest stuff on there as they change it every two minutes.

Unfortuately not. glext.h says:

glext.h last updated 2002/07/18

This is at least 1 version out of date.

May I ask where I can find a newer version?

Thanx bakery,

Miguel Castillo

Originally posted by bakery2k:
[b] Unfortuately not. glext.h says:

glext.h last updated 2002/07/18

This is at least 1 version out of date.

[/b]

The only place I have found a newer version is with the mesa library: www.mesa3d.org

However, the one at the above address is certainly new enough for GL 1.3, so will include CLAMP_TO_EDGE. It does not include things like ARB_vertex_program.

If you are using quite alot of features which are above 1.1 however, I suggest you download the library from www.levp.de/3d which will handle everything for you.

Thanks

Paul