image projection

Hello there,
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an image projection question. I am wanting to be able to project a bitmap image onto a poly(s) in the fashion that a slide projector would project an image onto a wall. I want this to happen in 3D (of course) and thus I want to be able to move the “slide projector” around and have the projection on the wall respect the movement of the projector and related perspective. I don’t need any other illumination or color on the poly except the projected image. I found a single example of source code in the code area of this site but it is quite undocumented within the meat of the code and I would rather be able to understand what is going on than just hack some code together and hope it works. I searched for “image projection” and “texture projection” on Google and neither seemed to meet my needs directly. Does anyone know the exact term for this technique as well as a good source that would explain the technique from the ground up? Even a textbook on the subject would be great. any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Josh

I have some explanation here that might help:
http://www.dorbie.com/uav.html

It’s mostly OpenGL stuff and explains texture projection.

Thank’s for the link.
I will take a look.

Josh

nvidia has a document in their sdk repository about projective texture mapping. you might find it useful.