Superposition

I have two solids of different colors in the same position.
What is the option to see just one and not the two superposated (one on the other)?
Thanks.

You need to set GL_LESS and not GL_LEQUAL in the depth test function if I understand your problem correctly…

To explain my problem, I am going to take an example:
I have two cylinders which have the same dimensions and are in the same position, but which have different colors: one is blue, the other is yellow.
During the render, I can see a cylinder blue with some marks of yellow. It isn’t very nice. So I would like to see during the render only one coulor.

I have tried each value of the comparison function to use with glDepthfunc.
With GL_NOTEQUAL and GL_ALWAYS, I would obtain what I want (only one color) but with this options my objects look like transparent. So I stay

If you exactly know which one to draw, you can use glPolygonOffset

Your error is due to an inexact z-buffer test. Maybe you can use more z-bits, but that wouldn’t be a good either. Normally the two cylinders should have the same z-values. Are you sure that one isn’t rotated a little bit?

I’m not sure what exactly you are doing, but you could always draw the first object, then do a-

glClear(GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT)

and then draw the second object. Don’t know how this would work for your application, but I have found it useful for drawing analglyphs (stereo red/blue pairs) in conjunction with a-

glColorMask(red as GL_BOOLEAN,green as GL_BOOLEAN, blue as GL_BOOLEAN,alpha as GL_BOOLEAN)

drawing the first object with a color mask with just red true, then clearing the depth buffer and drawing again with blue mask only.

I realize that that goes a bit off topic, but it may be useful to clear the depth buffer and redraw is basically what I’m getting at.

pure waste of performance in this task…