Using .c Files Exported By 3D Computer Animation

I have created an object in a 3D Program called Anim8or. Anim8or is a very very simple program, doesn’t do much other than create 3D objects. One of their nice features, though, is the .C file exporter. It exports the entire object to a .c file containing a few numeric variable arrays. The variables hold ALL of the inforation to create the object.
They are:

mesh01_coords[] (Coordinates)
mesh01_normals[] (Normals)
mesh01_indices[] (Indices)
mesh01_matindices[] (Material Indices)
mesh01_texcoords[] (texture Coordinates)

I was able to load the points of the object from the mesh01_coords[] varialble, but can’t figure out how to get the faces to work.

Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks,
Paul

So you understand the file format then? If not you will need to find this out, I assume its like VRML so check out how vrml works.

I’d guess that the mesh01_indices variable holds indices of triangles. So it has numberOfTriangles*3 entries, and each triplet references the vertex data arrays for that triangle except material stuff, which has it’s own indices. Try it with a simple model consisting only of triangles and see if the number of indices and number of vertices match up.
<edit>
btw, remember you can only use a single index for all vertex attributes in OpenGL, so you have to duplicate a vertex if it has to have different attributes per face.
</edit>

[This message has been edited by harsman (edited 09-24-2001).]