newbe in need of a lot of help

My C++ teacher has just told out class that we need to create a graphics program and he suggested that we may want to learn OpenGL.

So i’ve been searching online and reading different things about OpenGL but I’m still confused on where to even begin. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a specific book to read or some type of document for true beginners.

I have been to such websites as opengl.org, nehe and I have also looked up the OpenGL Red Book, and the document on GULT on opengl.org. Does this sound like I’m on the right track?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

aye, sounds like you’re on the right track. nehe’s got the easiest to understand, most thoroughly documented online tutorials i’ve ever come across. the Red Book acts as a decent reference or introduction to basic graphics concepts.

another good tutorial site is www.gametutorials.com

good luck with your class.

What platform are you learning openGL. I ask because if you are programming in windows the n NeHe is especially good for this. If you are programming under linux you may want to use glut for windowing. While you can download glut source gode of almost all NeHe’s tutorials, he explins the tutorials with windows code. The red book will have good tutorials on glut

sorry the redbook wont have tutorials that i know of just examples