colors problem

Hi there.

I am using Unix and facing this problem.

My openGL applications is withholding colors
such that the other applications are unable to use the same colors.

Is there any openGL APIs that free colors??
If so, how do I apply it??
Do anyone have any sample codes
( hopefully)???

There’s a forum for Unix/Linux http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/…e=20&LastLogin= . So if you can’t get an answer here then try that forum.

I have programmed some opengl with linux.
I am not sure that I understand your problem?

You mean that OpenGL lock’s control of the pallet from other programs?

You would not have a single color being locked out from being used by another window.

You may have your opengl program change a color in the pallet thus making the color wrong in another window, is this more of what you are asking.

Originally posted by opengl idiot:
[b]Hi there.

I am using Unix and facing this problem.

My openGL applications is withholding colors
such that the other applications are unable to use the same colors.

Is there any openGL APIs that free colors??
If so, how do I apply it??
Do anyone have any sample codes
( hopefully)???[/b]

no …
for example the other applications uses green… but when i turn on my opengl application, the green from the other applications is replaced by grey or some other colors.

I think the opengl APIs glColor3f may have allocated the colors but didnt free them after using.

First I think you need to study more on how the graphics system in your machine works.

The normally applications in a windows type application; this includes a “Unix” based windows program (there could be some exceptions). The window shell controls what is called the pallet, this is why when you go to the control panel and change the desktop theme all the colors of the menus also change.

I do not know what GL call’s you are making, but seems to me that you are causing the system pallet to be altered. Since your other windows program does not do any color control itself, but by what the system set’s it as. When the GL program is called for some reason it is resetting a color on the pallet, thus making the color in your other program change. The only way I could tell you what maybe doing this is to see you program code.

Understand that the glColor does not alter or allocate the system pallet; therefore if your program is effecting other programs then it must be some other call being made in your program.

Originally posted by opengl idiot:
[b]no …
for example the other applications uses green… but when i turn on my opengl application, the green from the other applications is replaced by grey or some other colors.

I think the opengl APIs glColor3f may have allocated the colors but didnt free them after using.

[/b]