how to map texture without changing size

I want to map a texture with size of 6464 to a mesh with size of 10241024. But I dont know how to do that without changing the resolution of the texture.
That is to say, how to map the whole texture to the mesh from (0,0) to (64,64) and at the same time, the resolution of the texture will not be changed.

thanks a lot

You must use texture coordinates in terms of (0,1) not (0,64) or (0,1024). Maybe you can explain better what you want to achive? What is the mesh of 1024x1024? Can’t even imagine what you asking about…

Are you programming or using some existing software?

glTexParameteri( , GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S / GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, )?

Originally posted by dora:
[b]I want to map a texture with size of 6464 to a mesh with size of 10241024. But I dont know how to do that without changing the resolution of the texture.
That is to say, how to map the whole texture to the mesh from (0,0) to (64,64) and at the same time, the resolution of the texture will not be changed.

thanks a lot[/b]

maybe i dont describe the problem so clearly.

in fact, i want to map a smaller texture to a terrain mesh repeatly.

I use the code:
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 3, 64, 64, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, gTexture.data);

but the result is not the same as i expect.

You’re right you didn’t specify the problem clearly, and you still haven’t. We still don’t know what you do, how you do it, what you get and what you expect to get. Give us a detailed explanation of all the four unknown details I mentioned.

We can’t tell you, nor guess, what’s wrong. YOU have to tell US what’s wrong, and we can (hopefully) help you fix it.

Try to set glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S/T, GL_REPEAT) to repeat the texture and use texture coordinates (0,0) to (16,16) to place 16 copies of the texture on the terrain (64*16 = 1024)…