Not Opengl,just Language problem ,please help

“I’ve only visited Japan once, but I can only surmise that the general good manners I experienced on my trip would not have been reciprocated to a visiting Japanese national to Chicago. Not to say that everyone doesn’t have their moment of bad judgement.”

I am foreigner ,there is alwats some english sentences i can not understand, i am totally at loss when i read the above paragraph between the quotation mark ,thanx.
Any one here fluent in English can help??

“I’ve only visited Japan once, but I can only surmise that the general good manners I experienced on my trip would not have been reciprocated to a visiting Japanese national to Chicago. Not to say that everyone doesn’t have their moment of bad judgement.”

The first sentence just means that the author believes that the Japanese are kinder towards Americans than the Americans are toward the Japanese. The second sentence isn’t actually a sentence and is a bit ambiguous, but it probably means that the author is uncertain of his claim, and is qualifying it by admitting he could have made a mistake.

Terrific , huge thanks to chowe6685.
Can not imagine that sentence can be organized like this and have such meaning.

In reality (I know it’s kind of harsh but it’s true) it means that most Americans still loathe Japanese people because of ‘Pearl Harbour’.

And no, I’m not from the US.

So why Amerian rush to buy a product make in japan or made by japanese if they loathe japanese? And always they seem to love japan-made product from the bottom of their heart rather than home-made .
And do you see the anti-america parade in japan as like in South Korea. Do you read so many curse-american words in japan forum as like in china.
And as japan being the closest ally of us in asia, i think the ameria would know history is history.Today America is not Ameria of 45’s and japan is not japan of world war 2.

Originally posted by Ooopppssss!:
[b]In reality (I know it’s kind of harsh but it’s true) it means that most Americans still loathe Japanese people because of ‘Pearl Harbour’.

And no, I’m not from the US.[/b]

I realize this is probably just a troll and I shouldn’t even respond to it, but I just couldn’t let this falacy go unchallenged.

While there may be a few old WW2 vets who are still prejudiced towards the Japanese, these are in the minority. It is most definitely not “most Americans.” The fact that you would make this claim, and admit that you are not even from the US is appalling to me.