GLee does not work correctly

Hi there
I want to compile the sample codes of the book More OpenGL Game Programming. I have added glee.lib file to the lib folder of VC++.net.
Unfortunately, glee does not work correctly. My compiler cannot find the new OpenGL functions. As an example i cannot use from the function glBindBuffer() in my program. How can i solve this problem?
-Ehsan-

GLee works just fine. Your code, or the way you use it, is wrong. Adding the library file to some directory is not enough. You need to add trhe file in the linker settings, include glee.h to get function pointers, and call GLeeInit after the rendering context is created.

As an example, here’s one of the error reports:
… : error C3861: ‘glBindBuffer’: identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
It’s not a linking error. I have downloaded the source code of the book More OpenGL Game Programming from its web site and have compiled it. So i shouldn’t recieve any error. Isn’t it?
-Ehsan-

Someone responed me in GameDev forums:

I’m FAIRLY sure that this has to do with vertex buffer objects (vbos), which is an extension. if the code is taken directly from the book, (dont know if it is), then they probably grab the extension in there somewhere, or maybe if the book has a framework with it that gets extensions and manages windows for you etc.

yes, you can find this function in glext.h:

GLAPI void APIENTRY glBindBuffer (GLenum, GLuint);

you’ll have to get a pointer to the function in your gfx driver

But what does he mean? Is there any suggestions about the GLee here?
-Ehsan-

try glBindBufferARB

I tried GLEW and it works great :slight_smile: But GLEE does not work for me. I’ll use from GLEW in my future projects.
-Ehsan-

Depending on how a library is built and packaged it may have different linking dependencies/requirements, but downloaded projects should work. Sometimes authors have different directory structures and home setups so breakage can happen when installing on a new machine.