Enabling AGP in GL

I’m using an NVidia GEForce 3 card under Linux. The AGP setting is enabled in the driver. However I don’t know how to tell if my code is using AGP or PCI. I came across some code posted on the web which used glEnable(AGP_4_X_MODE), however if I insert this into my code the compiler doesn’t recognise the enum. Does anyone know how I can get my GL code to use the AGP please? . Apologies if I am missing something really obvious.

Thanks very much,

Mari

You can’t do that. It’s implementation specific, and nothing OpenGL deals with.

You computer BIOS controls what type video card slot you are using, not an openGL function. In most cases BIOS should have the card enabled at it full speed unless you are having problems and have turn it off in BIOS.

You code really does not care if the card is PCI or AGP. But is does make a diffrent if the video driver supports hardware rendering, and under Linux you maybe having a driver issue as to why it maybe slower.
I think your problem is a video driver problem not a opengl one.

Also the code you seen may have use a special opengl function written for that example and card. It does not enable the AGP, but changes the speed in which the card it written to. If you want to use it, you would have to download there modified opengl library or headers to support it.

If you want your program to know what type of video slot is being used. There should be some type of system call to the BIOS and pull up that information.

Originally posted by mwigham:
[b]I’m using an NVidia GEForce 3 card under Linux. The AGP setting is enabled in the driver. However I don’t know how to tell if my code is using AGP or PCI. I came across some code posted on the web which used glEnable(AGP_4_X_MODE), however if I insert this into my code the compiler doesn’t recognise the enum. Does anyone know how I can get my GL code to use the AGP please? . Apologies if I am missing something really obvious.

Thanks very much,

Mari[/b]

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 04-03-2002).]