Texture/projection matrices

Is there any darn tutorial out there which explains how to project textures out there? All I have found was articles which say that you need to apply a texture matrix and so forth (as in the redbook), but no mention on how to get that matrix. I beleive to have a good understanding of object matrices, but the projection matrices are just a book with seven seals.

cheers,

• DoG4

Originally posted by DoG4:
… I beleive to have a good understanding of object matrices, but the projection matrices are just a book with seven seals.

I quite agree … I’ve been having trouble with these projection matrix /texture stack matters lately. It appers everyone concentates on explaining the concept of vertex transformation at the expense of texture transformation …

Anyways here’s what I’ve found so far … I hope it helps you more than it has helped me …

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~hoff/techrep/projtextures.html
http://www.opengl.org/developers/code/sig99/advanced99/notes/node80.html

[This message has been edited by Olumide (edited 03-23-2002).]

Thanks, it seems useful. I have just shortly checked them. However, I am still looking for a pictorial description, which actually shows how the matrices are calculated.

• D.G

Originally posted by DoG4:
[b]Thanks, it seems useful. I have just shortly checked them. However, I am still looking for a pictorial description, which actually shows how the matrices are calculated.

• D.G[/b]

I know what you mean … I’m having the same problem as well … never the less here are a few more links; unfortunately they do not attempt to take us DOWN THE TEXTURE PIPELINE
www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~cs9018/readings/projective_texture_mapping.pdf
www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~cs9018/lectnotes/ps/pt7.pdf [Pg 33 - 86]
www.developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/1252/ATT/ShadowMapping.pdf [Pg 31 - 35]
Fast Shadows and lighting effects Using Texture Mapping by Segal et al SIGGRAPH 1992 [Pg 249 - 252]

[This message has been edited by Olumide (edited 03-25-2002).]

Wouldnt it be lovely if someone wrote an article about A TRIP DOWN THE TEXTURE PIPELINE … ? … we’ve heared so much about the object/vertex pipeline

[This message has been edited by Olumide (edited 03-25-2002).]