which library to use

Which graphics library should I use to do game programming in C++. I was previously using Turbo C++ but now I want to shift to a more robust one.
Thanks in advance

Since you’re asking on an OpenGL forum, you’re obviously going to get the answer to use OpenGL. You’ll need something better than TC++ for your compiler, though. My preference is Visual C++, but if you don’t want to spend that kind of money, there are a number of free compilers for windows available. A couple of them are the Borland C++ compiler (the same compiler that comes with their C++ Builder IDE, minus the IDE so you have to use command-line compiling) and Cygwin (provides a Linux-like environment under Windows.) I’m sure you will get other suggestions as well.

Depending on what compiler you get there may already be libraries and headers for OpenGL. If not, you’ll need to find some compatible with the compiler you choose.

Since you’ve been doing DOS programming in TC++, glut would probably be a good thing for you. You don’t need to know any of the details of Windows programming with that.

Once you get a compiler and libraries, you will need to try and learn how to use OpenGL in it. Do a search on the Red Book. It’s where a lot of people first learn OpenGL. There is also the Nehe tutorials at http://nehe.gamedev.net/opengl.asp. Those use the Win32 API, so unless you want to dig into windows programming as well, you might have to try and pick out the OpenGL specific stuff. He’s got some good tutorials there.