OpenGL Installation?

Hi, I have OpenGL installed on my system (running XP with ATI Radeon 9800 Pro) and I have a question about using OpenGL. I have a sample program in my c/c++ editor program and i tried to compile it and it said that I didn’t have the .h files. What do I need to use OpenGL for programming?

It would be nice if you could specify what compiler you are using…

You need the gl.h header file (gl.h does include some other files also) and you need the opengl import library (opengl.lib, opengl32.lib libgl.a… depends on your compiler).

Visual studio comes with everything you need and I belive this is also true for MinGW/gcc, not sure if you are using borland.

Mikael

I am using Bloodshed Dev c/c++. I don’t know where to get those files for Bloodshed. Can you help me out? Thanks

DEV C/C++ comes with the needed openGL headers and librarys.

Please list what headers you are missing?

I have the setup for using openGL under DEV C/C++ on my website to make sure you have setup DEV C/C++ correctly to compile an openGL program.

www.angelfire.com/linux/nexusone/

Originally posted by Me6:
I am using Bloodshed Dev c/c++. I don’t know where to get those files for Bloodshed. Can you help me out? Thanks

Thank you for your help. Can you tell me what settings to use for the compiler? (Very new to GL and pretty new to c/c+, so thanks for stikin with me! :-P)