multitexturing texture mess

Hi,

another question regarding multitexturing: the multitextured parts of the scene look fine, but all others are messed up… is it possible that when you once use multitexturing in an app (which means, glMultiTexCoordARB instead of glTexCoord), you ALWAYS have to use it, using only texture 0 when there is only one? And how is the second texture disabled?

Regards,
Jan

As far as I know, you have to use multitex allways But, usually all you need is glDisable/glEnable neded unit, that’s not so hard
BTW, you mentioned something about glmultitex notation. I am going to move my project to glDrawArrays, but I have multitexture there I can’t use glTexCoordPointer for 2nd texture, could you please refresh my memory, what was syntax for multitexture pointer arrays glMultTexPointer, glMultCoord?

I know its kinda old and you both probably already figured out whatever you needed, but I just figured it out, so I figured I’d share just in case.

JanHH:
Once you start using glActiveTextureARB, it appears you are stuck using it, but you can disable each of the ARB texture units by calling glActiveTextureARB with the texture unit you want to disable and then calling glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D). It will only disable that ARB texture unit. Once all ARB texture units are disabled, you can call the glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D) once more to disable GL_TEXTURE_2D completely.

M/\DM/\N:
Call glClientActiveTextureARB with the ARB texture unit you want the multitexcoord array to be for and then call glTexCoordPointer. Call both for each ARB texture unit you need to use.

[This message has been edited by shinpaughp (edited 05-11-2003).]