Opengl 1.3

Can someone tell me where i can download the OpenGL 1.3 or 1.4 API?? I have OpenGL 1.2 but it fails to recognise the gl2DConvolutionFilter(); function. So i need an update.

Hello.
I’m also searching for a newer library…

Anyway you can use extensions, no?

In Windows you need to use wglGetProcAddress to get access to functions in OpenGL that are version 1.2 or greater. Use glGetString(GL_VERSION) to check which version your drivers actually are. If the drivers aren’t greater than 1.1, you may need to get drivers from your video card maker, assuming they have decent OpenGL drivers.

The problem is the windows library’s are writen by Microsoft, and they only support 1.2!
But if you have a newer video card, it’s openGL drivers will have support for the newer opengl functions, by using openGL extenions you can access them.

If you have like a Nvada or ATI card you can find examples at there website on how to call them.

Originally posted by Kunal:
Can someone tell me where i can download the OpenGL 1.3 or 1.4 API?? I have OpenGL 1.2 but it fails to recognise the gl2DConvolutionFilter(); function. So i need an update.

Mesa is OpenGL 1.3 ‘compliant’… you should be able to compile any opengl 1.3 to Mesa and it will work.

Microsoft’s drivers are actually only at 1.1, not 1.2.