drawing a 2D arc

I want to join 2 points together such that it forms a 1/4 arc of a circle. Which opengl command can do this? Or can only specify point by point on the arc?

no command does this specifically, use a line strip and specify point by point

how close should i specify the points to be?I came across some sample using bezier points to show a curve surface, which method is more suitable?
Acutally, I want to draw a 2D polygon that has 3 square corners and the last corner is rounded (exactly like 1/4 of a circle arc). so i am having difficulty in drawing the rounded corner and joining these corners together as a filled polygon.

[This message has been edited by coda (edited 01-08-2004).]

Either use GLU func: gluPartialDisk()
OR
Look into this website
http://lists.wxwindows.org/archive/wxPython-users/msg03292.html

where the methos given is as follows.

calculate 3D points for a steps-segment 2D arc from start through stop

from Numeric import *

start = 0.0
stop = pi
steps = 256
angles = arange( start, stop, (stop-start)/steps, ‘d’)
xes = cos(angles)
yes = sin(angles)
totals = zeros( (len(angles),3),‘d’)
totals[:,0] = xes
totals[:,1] = yes

Originally posted by coda:
[b]how close should i specify the points to be?I came across some sample using bezier points to show a curve surface, which method is more suitable?
Acutally, I want to draw a 2D polygon that has 3 square corners and the last corner is rounded (exactly like 1/4 of a circle arc). so i am having difficulty in drawing the rounded corner and joining these corners together as a filled polygon.

[This message has been edited by coda (edited 01-08-2004).][/b]

I think Bezier curves would be a more suited way to draw any arcs and point by point drawing is more rational I think. Don’t know much about BC so i could give you an advice with point by point.

All is simple trigonometry. As far as I remember <: