Graphics Card in use?

So i’ve just written my first OpenGL program to display a proprietary mesh format and its working. The thing is it seems slow and I can’t get Polygon Smoothing (antialiazing) working. I am thinking that maybe i am just using microsoft’s software renderer and not my graphics card. I am running an Intel 82845G graphics controller on a Windows 2000 platform. Any help on how to be sure the graphics card is being used, and whether Polygon Smoothing is supported by my graphics card would be appreciated. Thanks -

Actaully instead of Polygon Smoothing i think I want to use MultiSampling. So in the above question change Polygon Smoothing to Multisampling. Thanks

I believe that the graphics chip you are using is quite obsolete. It is an onboard variety which if I’m not mistaken is part of the Intel XTreme graphics chips series. I have a computer at work with the same graphics chip and it is garbage(Sorry). I managed to convice my Manager to sign the form to get a Radeon 9600XT, and my graphics development problems have disappeared, not to mention now I can use VBO’s. If you want to develop with 3d graphics, get a 9200 at least.