Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Thread: compiling problems

Junior Member Newbie

compiling problems

Hy
    Ich copied a source from NeHe into my workspace and wanted to compile it, but it dont work. I formated may computer, so i wanted to test if it compile, but it doesnt. Here's the error.....i hope, anybody can help me
    thanx
    VeRtEX

--------------------Konfiguration: OGL_Cubeanimation - Win32 Debug--------------------
    Kompilierung läuft...
    OGL_Cubeanimation.cpp
    c:\programme\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\shellapi.h(2) : error C2146: Syntaxfehler : Fehlendes ';' vor Bezeichner 'HINSTANCE'
    c:\programme\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\shellapi.h(2) : error C2501: 'WINSHELLAPI' : Fehlende Speicherklasse oder Typbezeichner
    c:\programme\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\shellapi.h(2) : fatal error C1004: Unerwartetes Dateiende gefunden
    Fehler beim Ausführen von cl.exe.

OGL_Cubeanimation.obj - 3 Fehler, 0 Warnung(en)

Senior Member OpenGL Pro

Re: compiling problems

Ok. I don't understand the German there but if I'm reading this correctly it looks like you maybe didn't #include <windows.h> before something that requires Windows definitions. You're obviously using VC++. What are you using to create the window? (MFC/Win32/Glut?) Some code might help. Or a translation of the compile errors.
    Deiussum
    Software Engineer and OpenGL enthusiast

Junior Member Newbie

thanks for help, but I included the <windows.h>. I used the NeHe code. It had to work, i think. I test other codes, too. Same output.....shell.....sorry, please help me

Senior Member OpenGL Pro

Hmmm... I'm not sure then without looking at the code more closely. If you don't mind me poking around in your code at all, you could send me the project to look at.
    Deiussum
    Software Engineer and OpenGL enthusiast