messed up opengl

I was wondering if anyone knew what the solution to this is…I play tfc an online game and ive been playing for a while now using opengl as my video mode. Its been fine and all the sudden today it says my video card doesn’t support it. So i tryed reinstalling the drivers again and it did the same thing. And now i can’t use opengl. So if u know what i can do to fix it plz respond. thx

Also i have windows XP pro. I also have a sisoft sandra program and it has an opengl thing. In that it says
acceleration- “no, software”
if anyone has any idea what the hell that means or what the problem is with my opengl or even if i can reinstall opengl somehow plz respond.

Originally posted by DaBeast:
Its been fine and all the sudden today it says my video card doesn’t support it

Things don’t just break for no reason. What did you change? Did you install any new software? Update motherboard drivers?

You also don’t tell us what video card you have, are you sure you obtained the latest, correct drivers for it?

well i have a geforce2 mx 64mb video card. And i swear i did absolutly nothing that is why im pissed. My computer was sitting there all day and i got onto it and went to play and it said that. I don’t why it did it or what happened. So what ive tryed so far is reinstalling the drivers and reinstalled tfc. Neither of them worked. So really i have no idea what i can try.

hmmmm…i think i got it…i just unplugged my vid card and restarted comp…shut comp off…put vid card back in…restarted comp…reinstalled drivers…updated tfc…opengl decided to work now.

Originally posted by DaBeast:
hmmmm…i think i got it…i just unplugged my vid card and restarted comp…shut comp off…put vid card back in…restarted comp…reinstalled drivers…updated tfc…opengl decided to work now.

well the same thing happened to me now i’m pissed

yeah…mine came back
i thought that worked but it did again when i restarted. So im hoping someone in this world knows what the problem is.

It is possible that anything can “just not work all of a sudden.” My video display was working perfectly and than all of a sudden a few hours later i come back and it is screwed up! Gray lines are all over the screen and I did not do anything. And I still have trouble with it.