Problems starting Counter-Strike

I play Counter-Strike, and after I installed the newest update for my graphiccard at www.nvidia.com , Counter-Strike won’t connect to an server beacuse of an error in the file: NVOPENGL.DLL

This file was named only: OPENGL.DLL before I installed the update.

Sometimes I can connect to Counter-Strike, but that happens very rarely and I have to click away a lot of error messages.

I have NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 and Windows ME.

Please don’t say I have to buy me a new PC or uninstall the update, because without the update at my graphiccard I can’t play other games (like Pro Cycling Manager). I really want to fix this problem.

Someone who can help me? :slight_smile:

So just install the older drivers. You should also email them and tell them about the problem.

“Please don’t say I have to buy me a new PC or uninstall the update, because without the update at my graphiccard I can’t play other games (like Pro Cycling Manager). I really want to fix this problem.”

Why wouldn’t this game work on a newer machine?

The game will definately work on a newer machine :slight_smile: But I meant with an older driver, games like Pro Cycling Manager won’t work on my computer.

I will install an older driver and e-mail them about the problem.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Even if it does work with a newer driver, you will either see performance degradation or no improvement at all.

A Gf2 is 4 years old or more and Nvidia members have previously said they don’t bother with old hw.

Probably in your case, the last improvements were made in the Detonator 4x.xx drivers.
So I think emailing them won’t change much.

I just downloaded an older driver and now everything works :smiley:

I haven’t sent an e-mail neither :stuck_out_tongue: But I think I got to buy a newer machine :wink:

hey i am having this same problem…do u still remember where u DL’ed the old drivers that u are using?