Driver component sizes mis-match

When I visit certain web sites I get an error message that reads:

nVidia OpenGL Driver

Driver component sizes mis-match.
Retry to keep going. Cancel to exit.

How do I get past this to view the site I am trying to visit.

I’m getting a similar error as well. Anyone have a fix for this?

Hi I’m getting the same error message… ins’t there anybody out there who could help us?!
qotherp@icqmail.com

I was having the same problem trying to run a program using the nVidia OpenGL driver. I searched nVidia’s web site and found this FAQ:http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20011119_6349 It seams that OpenGL has a problem with multi-monitor setups. I disabled the second monitor, and the program runs perfectly everytime. Hope this helps

the problem is with opengl and dual monitors.
apparantly java loads opengl so anything using java will yield this error.

I hope a fix becomes available for this sometime in the future it is very annoying.

lets keep a look out and put pressure on whatever party is responsible my assumtion would be MS.

Anyone solve this issue? I can’t find a fix anywhere. Still getting the stupid “driver component sizes mis-match” error!

WinXP / GeForce3

I dont think it is the problem with the dual monitor, because I never used two.

Any help for that? Thanks.

Originally posted by joelmoney:
[b]Anyone solve this issue? I can’t find a fix anywhere. Still getting the stupid “driver component sizes mis-match” error!

WinXP / GeForce3[/b]

Try this link. http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q247/4/30.ASP

I was geting this error too when opening web pages with Java. I have the latest nVidia driver set installed for the GeForce 256 card. I installed the latest version of Java found at: http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/

This resolved the problem.

I had the same problem when accessing Java pages in Mozilla 1.3, and I uninstalled Sun Java JRE 1.3.1 and installed JRE 1.4.1_02, and the problem is gone.

I do have dual monitors, but that didn’t seem to be the problem.

[This message has been edited by ECarlson (edited 04-24-2003).]

Having the same problem running a few games. Have a GForceMMX440 card, have updated drivers, definatley no dual monitor…Read the Microsoft article posted, they recognise the problem but offer no solutions. Not like them (cough,cough). Anyone found a way around it apart from going back to older drivers?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ECarlson:
[b]I had the same problem when accessing Java pages in Mozilla 1.3, and I uninstalled Sun Java JRE 1.3.1 and installed JRE 1.4.1_02, and the problem is gone.

I do have dual monitors, but that didn’t seem to be the problem.

I did exactly what Eric did, updated my Java Run-Time to version 1.4.1_02 and everything works correctly again. I’m running Windows XP with an Intel 1.7 CPU. Thanks to Eric for the tip.

Originally posted by PhatFunkJazz:
I did exactly what Eric did, updated my Java Run-Time to version 1.4.1_02 and everything works correctly again. I’m running Windows XP with an Intel 1.7 CPU. Thanks to Eric for the tip.

Glad it worked for you too. The computer I fixed also had an Intel 1.7Ghz CPU, but with Windows 2000/SP3.

[This message has been edited by ECarlson (edited 05-10-2003).]