Serious Open GL Problem

Please Help me , I am going out of my mind. I have upgraded a pc just to play MOHAA.
It is a pentium III 866 128mram. I have installed new version of Windows 2000 on a formatted hard drive, so basically started fresh. I have installed NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 400 Graphics Card and updated driver from website to version 40.41. Also installed Hercules Fortissimo III sound card.
DirectX 8.1 installed.
I cannot run DXDIAG without an error message re DirectDraw, if I click to carry on the system hangs, no error messages and must be rebooted.
I cannot even preview OpenGL screensavers, Flowerbox etc, system hangs and must be rebooted.
When I start MOHAA the loading Console hangs at the following line
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINNT\System32\opengl32.dll’ ):
System hangs and must be rebooted.

I have subsequently loaded DirectX9, and the system still hangs on DXDIAG and even windows opengl screensaver preview.

Please help me, I have done everything right and have no idea what to do. I am sorry if this has been answered before, but I have checked everywhere. Thanks for reading and hope to get your reply soon.

dale_parkington@parkingtons.freeserve.co.uk

Well, Join the club!
This is outrageous isn’t it!
It appears we have to do the guessing game on which card it is that we need to play these games! I have a Win XP Home, Video Card ATI Rage 128 Pro 4X TMDS.
I am trying to operate MOHAA myself.
I will have to do something! I have tried everything except wait for XP Service Pack II to come along that supports Open GL to fix this. I’ll just have to return the game I guess, but with Copywrite laws the way they are I’ll probably have to eat it!

Originally posted by DaleP:
[b]Please Help me , I am going out of my mind. I have upgraded a pc just to play MOHAA.
It is a pentium III 866 128mram. I have installed new version of Windows 2000 on a formatted hard drive, so basically started fresh. I have installed NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 400 Graphics Card and updated driver from website to version 40.41. Also installed Hercules Fortissimo III sound card.
DirectX 8.1 installed.
I cannot run DXDIAG without an error message re DirectDraw, if I click to carry on the system hangs, no error messages and must be rebooted.
I cannot even preview OpenGL screensavers, Flowerbox etc, system hangs and must be rebooted.
When I start MOHAA the loading Console hangs at the following line
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINNT\System32\opengl32.dll’ ):
System hangs and must be rebooted.

I have subsequently loaded DirectX9, and the system still hangs on DXDIAG and even windows opengl screensaver preview.

Please help me, I have done everything right and have no idea what to do. I am sorry if this has been answered before, but I have checked everywhere. Thanks for reading and hope to get your reply soon.

dale_parkington@parkingtons.freeserve.co.uk[/b]