Help with Call of duty and ati mobility radeon 7500

Hi,

I have a presario 2800 with an ati mobility 7500. First i see the game very bad… and later i install a driver, and i see it good exepting the soldiers, i see the soldiers wiht, black, red and yelow… I can’t install the drivers that ati gives to call of duty usuers because my ati is a MOBILITY, do you know how tho resolve my problem??? It’s one week since i started searching the solution…

Thanks a lot

First off, Activision does not test the game on a laptop at all, so they can’t promise you it will work. Go to HP.com and find drivers for your video card. If drivers do not work, you are SOL and don’t play the game on a laptop or get a better system. Not to sound harsh, but it’s the truth.

I have the same issue with a Compaq EVO N610C (mobility radeon 7500). The latest driver provided by Compaq does not solve the problem.

When it comes to sell their stuff, laptop Laptop manufacturers can produce a lot of bang about the embedded graphics chipset capabilities, but when it comes to provide updated drivers for their chipset it is another story…

I don’t know much about the Mobility 7500, but I bet it doesn’t meet the MINIMUM requirements to play CoD.

CALL OF DUTY™ MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

• 3D Hardware Accelerator Card required – 100% DirectX® 9.0a compatible 32MB Hardware T&L-capable video card and drivers*
• Pentium® III 700 or Athlon™processor or higher
• English version of Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
• 128MB of RAM
• 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and drivers
• 181MB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 200MB for Windows swap file)
• 100% DirectX® 9.0a compatible 16 bit sound card and drivers
• 100% Windows® 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and drivers
• DirectX® 9.0a (not included)

Important Note: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipsets listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Call Of Duty. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX 9.0 compatibility.

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS:
• ATI® Radeon 7200, 8500, 9000, 9500, 9700, 9800
• All nVidia® GeForce™ chipsets

Yes, A Mobility Radeo 7500 would be just great for 1024x768 with medium details and texturing. Laptop manufacturers suck big time not providing updated drivers for their boards and game developers should get a closer look to the laptop market which is booming (which means more and more customers will use this kind of computer to run their stuff).

Originally posted by Uh:
[b]I don’t know much about the Mobility 7500, but I bet it doesn’t meet the MINIMUM requirements to play CoD.

[/b]

I have a Sony Vaio grx 770 notebook with a radeon 7500 32 mb card. I have great success with Call of Duty. It is good advice to check the Hp website for new drivers. The main thing is, don’t give up yet! make sure your directx drivers are updated to 9.0a. It’s pretty insensitive of others on this forum to tell someone that they shouldn’t be playing this on a laptop. With some of us working stiffs, it’s not a choice of whether or not we can choose what we play on.

For what it’s worth, here are my specs…

P4 2.2 ghz
1024 gb memory
40 gb hard drive
Radeon 7500 32 mb ddr

oh yeah! this is very important! DEFRAG you HD! GET DISKEEPER AT STAPLES for 14.99 and DEFRAG with extreme prejudice. (The native windows defrag utility is only average) this could also really help!

Good luck peeps!

Pericles

I can play COD at medium/minimum settings without lag or performance issues on my Compaq N1000V with a Radeon 7500 MOBILITY, so its not the graphics card problem.

But for some odd reason, my laptop can’t play ANY 3D game longer than 15 minutes before it just turns itself off. (this only happened recently…) Power just cuts itself off. Sent it to the service center, but they can’t locate the problem. (Hoorah to Compaq…initially I thought a fan was busted or something)

Heh…you know what? I updated a couple of things and the COD problems crops up. Model’s textures become blackish and weird.

I updated:
WinXP Service Pack 1A
Direct X 9.0B
and some ATI driver thing from Microsoft.

Its probably caused by one of the other.

I found out that the thing causing the weird textures with COD are the ATI drivers supplied by Microsoft in one of their non-critical updates. (The &(@!!) I reinstalled the outdated, but working drivers provided by Compaq, and its back to normal. The problem with these drivers are they are old, and it doesn’t seem to work with various Direct X9 games, IE: Homeworld 2.

Hey I have the same problem as Xordi.
I have a 1.5 GHz, 512 MB DDRAM, Compaq Presario 2800T notebook woth a Radeon 7500.
I tried updating my driver and it doesnt work … all the other players in the game lash yellow and red colors … rest of the grahpics seem fine.

Hey I have the same problem as Xordi.
I have a 1.5 GHz, 512 MB DDRAM, Compaq Presario 2800T notebook woth a Radeon 7500.
I tried updating my driver and it doesnt work … all the other players in the game flash yellow and red colors … rest of the grahpics seem fine.
… IF anyone finds a solution please e-mail ChuckDOGX100@netscape.net, Thanks

I have a NVIDIA TNT2 Model 64 is that compatible for CoD??

Hi, I am having some big problems with CoD. Someone please help me, when I had Windows ME I tried to run CoDMP and i joined a server, clicked to join a team (like American or German) and I got the error “CoDMP has caused an error in UI_MP_X86.DLL and will now close”. I upgraded to Windows XP, and now when I click on a team the screen just gets a little darker and like faded, and just freezes. Yet, after i Reinstall CoD it works for the first time or so. Please help!!!
My Specs:
Processor: PentiumIII 933MHZ
Ram: 384 MB SDRAM
Video Card: Radeon 7500
Hard Drive: 20GB, 10GB Free.
Sound Card: Soundblaster Live Value

i think call of duty worked for me with the 6.13.10.6274 version of the mobility drivers

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp23001-23500/SP23326.exe

stick this in ur web browser to get the previously afformentioned drivers

that kinda doesn’t help me, I dont have mobility, I think it’s the Radeon 7500 Series…and I have drivers for it.

I have a NVIDIA TNT2 Model 64 is that compatible for CoD?? I have updated to recent drivers

No one answered my question

No Chris I am afraid not. I had that card in my old computer and it is not T&L (Texture and Lighting I think) compatible which is one of the minimum system requirements for CoD.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I did once have this problem but got it fixed, and I think it was with the above drivers, but tell me if not as I can find out which they were. This is only for Mobility remember.

I have a Compaq Evo n610c just like a couple of you mentioned before. I have the Radeon Mobility 7500 also. I used the drivers from the link that Toshy posted and I can now see all the character textures just fine. Just wanted to let you guys know!! Thanks so much!