Please Help Me !!!!!!!!!!!

My OpenGl screensavers don’t work and hang the pc. DXDIAG does not work without hanging the pc unless I choose not to test direct draw. MOHAA doesn’t start due to a fault loading Loadlibrary opengl.dll. Ihave latest service pack 3 for windows 2000 pro, i have latest version 41 of Nvidia geforce 2 mx 400 w2k driver with full 3d and opengl support and I have directX9 loaded. I haven’t got a clue where to start looking, I have tried everything that I know how to do eg update and load. pIII 866 128mb ram. I don’t know how bios etc can be altered. Please help if you know how. dale_parkington@parkingtons.freeserve.co.uk

This is the message in Mohaa

----- Initializing Renderer ----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\opengl32.dll’ ):

Then system hangs with no response or error message. Does the same hang when trying screensavers using opengl and when running dxdiag. I have not seen anyone else with this problem, please help.

What KB size is your “OpenGL32.dll”

• VC6-OGL

It is 675kb

If you are running Win98, your OpenGL32.dll is supposed to be 736KB. For Win2K it is supposed to be 675KB. What I am saying is that you might have the wrong *.dll.

I can e-Mail you the correct *.dll if you want, but if I do please make sure you keep a backup of your original file just in case it does not work.

• VC6-OGL

Thanks for the reply. I am at work at the moment, in the UK, and will be going home in about 30 mins, so will get it then. I have tried before to change the opengl32.dll by renaming it opengl32.old and then pasting a new one in and then changing the name of the new file to opengl32.dll, but when I do this it tells me that I cannot rename this file with that name as a file of that name already exists. How do I get around this? I am logged on to my pc as administrator. I had the same problem with my laptop running XP also logged on as administrator. When I upgraded my system, I formatted the disk and loaded everything on from fresh so as not to have any problems. Could this have caused a problem, cos after I formatted I loaded w2k whereas before I was running 98. Thanks again for taking the time

Dale

Windows automatically updates opengl32.dll every 15 seconds, or something like that, so I have not been able to update my opengl32.dll, so I have no clue of what is wrong with your opengl32.dll. One more question, do you have “opengl.dll” 1.15mb size?

• VC6-OGL

It looks to me that your Mohaa problem is that it is trying to load your OpenGL32.dll from c:\Windows\System. Truthfully, your dll is automatically placed in c:\WINNT\System32 if you are running Win2k. You may want to create a fictitious folder called \Windows\System on the root of c:\ and place your opengl32.dll in that folder.

• VC6-OGL

I don’t think I have opengl.dll

I basically performed all the software updates on my work pc to see if there was a problem with the drivers. Everything loaded successfully, only difference being the card, work pc has nvidia vanta, home pc has nvidia geforce 2. The work pc therefore has software that mimics the home pc. Work is pentium 4. I have just searched the work pc and there is no opengl.dll file at all, so I am thinking that there isn’t one on the home pc either. Will check when I get home.

Of course!!!

I don’t have windows/system…you are a genius!! Thank you. I will try this solution, but what about the dxdiag and opengl screensaver problems. Is this because there is no opengl.dll?

Thanks again for the help so far.

I have no idea what might be wrong with your screensavers and dxdiag, but it should not be related to your opengl.dll deficiency. Do you have the latest library and header files for OpenGL? If you can’t tell, please let me know what KB size your library and header files are and I will let you know if you have all of the new files.

Good luck with Mohaa!

• VC6-OGL