Junior Member Newbie

Q3A Freezes

My pc is a home built
    AMD Athlon900
    with 256mb ram
    20 and 14 gig hard drive
    GeForce2 (Creative Anihalator 2 )
    WindowsME

And when I play Q3A my pc freezes after about 30min of game play.. Forcing me to re-boot, I have direct x 8 installed and the detinator 3 drivers and the latest ver of opengl setup (beta ) Can anyone help?
    Q3A ROCKS!!!!!

Email address no longer exists Newbie

Re: Q3A Freezes

There is a patch that resolves some bugs on the game. here is the URL: http://ftp2.extreme-players.de/exp/q...lease_127g.exe

hope this help.

Junior Member Newbie

Re: Q3A Freezes

Yeah, I have been using that.. Its weird.. Today I reinstalled the opengl software and Directx8 and it worked great for about 3 hours, then it started back in, Freezing and stuff.. Then I tried mechwarrior, and that game ( after about an hour ) made my computer reboot.. Over and over and over again.. Then I took out one of my dimms of ram, Because I noticed it was only counting 128mb ram ( I have 256 ) and went into bios and set it to clear NV-Ram.. ( I dont know what that does, Its just the only thing I havnt tried ) and now Quake seems to run more stable.. The game play isnt as GOOD of quality, but it plays longer. I wounder what could be the problem.. Does anyone know what the NV-Ram even is?
    Q3A ROCKS!!!!!