The selected OpenGL mode is not supported...

I get the same errors everyone else seems to get, but mine go like this:

Once I select the game from the Half-Life/Counter-Strike menu, I get the “Loading” screen. I then hear my Windows error sound. By opening the start menu and right clicking the half-life game, and minimizing it, I can see the following error: grSstSelect: Invalid SST. Clicking OK results in the “The selected OpenGL mode is not…”.

My current installation was working with my voodoo3 card. I just purchased/installed an ATI Radeon 7500. I do not have dual-display on, and I downloaded the latest drivers (and installed all 3 files) as instructed. I do not know how to resolve this issue or how to proceed. I do not have any other opengl games to test under, I’m pretty sure it’s a miscommunication between the card and the software…

Thanks in advance.

Athlon 1600+
MSI 6380 Motherboard
256M PC2100 DDR Ram
ATI Radeon (Sapphire) 7500
Windows 98SE
Latest HL installation (1.1.0?)
Latest CS installation (1.5)

All Windows drivers are up-to-date to the best of my knowledge. The only change in the hardware configuration was the video card, to which all drivers where installed as noted above.

Correction: The error reads:

grSstSelect: non-existent SST

Sorry. I was unable to reproduce that error because I’d changed the driver type from “Mini 3dfx” To “Default”. “Default” causes a fatal error in hl, crashes the new window and drops me to the HL menu system with the “The selected OpenGL…” error.

Thanks (again) in advance.

Maybe post a DXDIAG dump. That might help with the picture.

I have about 3 or 4 questions but the dump might help a litte on answers.