Can glVertexAttribDivisor works with glVertexAttribFormat and glVertexAttribBinding?

I am using glVertexAttribDivisor to specify the instancing data storage. All the instance specific data is stored in 2nd vertex buffer at vertex buffer binding index 1 (vertex buffer at binding index 0 stores data used for all instances) used as instance specific data.

This is how I specify vertex format.

glCreateVertexArrays(1, &mVertexArray);
    glBindVertexArray(mVertexArray);

for (auto& vertexAttrib : vertexFormat->mVertexAttributeList)
    {
        glVertexAttribFormat(vertexAttrib.mLocation, vertexAttrib.mChannel,
                             OpenGLShaderAttributeType[int(vertexAttrib.mType)],
                             vertexAttrib.mNormalized, vertexAttrib.mOffset);
        glVertexAttribBinding(vertexAttrib.mLocation, vertexAttrib.mBindingIndex);

if (vertexAttrib.mDivision != 0)
        {
            glVertexAttribDivisor(vertexAttrib.mLocation, vertexAttrib.mDivision);
        }

glEnableVertexAttribArray(vertexAttrib.mLocation);
    }

glBindVertexArray(0);

This is how I enable vertex buffer for 2 vertex buffer.

glBindVertexBuffer(bindingIndex, mBuffer, offset, stride);

The problem is that when I used glVertexAttribDivisor, the glDrawArraysInstanced crashs as memory read violation. Can anyone provide a hint for potential problem for this situation? Thank you.

I checked the specification:

The command

void VertexAttribDivisor( uint index, uint divisor );

is equivalent to (assuming no errors are generated):

VertexAttribBinding(index, index);
VertexBindingDivisor(index, divisor);

I just misread the parameter in VertexAttribDivisor. The first paramter is for vertex buffer binding index, rather than the attribute index.

https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL/extensions/ARB/ARB_vertex_attrib_binding.txt

glVertexBindingDivisor is provided for use with the attrib binding calls.

[QUOTE=mhagain;1286310]https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL/extensions/ARB/ARB_vertex_attrib_binding.txt

glVertexBindingDivisor is provided for use with the attrib binding calls.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Thank you. I just misread the information.