vaoID is not working?

This sounds weird but it really seems like for some reason the vaoID i use does not work.
Ive just implemented a new entity system ( as already discribed here)
Instead of passing the Mesh-class object containing the vaoID, indexNumber and vertexNumber to my loadMesh() and render() functions i store all mesh objects inside of a

std::multimap<unsigned int, Component*>

and using the entity IDs i can access every entities components through this multimap.
here is how i load my vertices and indices into my vao

glCreateVertexArrays(1, &vaoID);
				glGenBuffers(1, &vboID);
				glGenBuffers(1, &iboID);

//associate vertexArray with vboID and indexArray with iboID
				glNamedBufferStorage(vboID, sizeof(Vertex)*vertexNum, &vertexArray[0], GL_STATIC_DRAW);
				glNamedBufferStorage(iboID, sizeof(unsigned int)*indexNum, &indexArray[0], GL_STATIC_DRAW);
				glVertexArrayElementBuffer(vaoID, iboID);
				//vaoID vertex attrib array binding location 0 -> vboID
				glVertexArrayVertexBuffer(vaoID, 0, vboID, 0, sizeof(Vertex));

//vao binding location 0 -> attribute 0
				glVertexArrayAttribBinding(vaoID, 0, 0);
				glVertexArrayAttribFormat(vaoID, 0, 4, GL_FLOAT, GL_FALSE, offsetof(Vertex, position));

glVertexArrayAttribBinding(vaoID, 1, 0);
				glVertexArrayAttribFormat(vaoID, 1, 4, GL_FLOAT, GL_FALSE, offsetof(Vertex, color));

//here i initialize the current component with the relevant data
				componentItr->second->setVAO(vaoID);
				componentItr->second->setVertexNum(vertexNum);
				componentItr->second->setIndexNum(indexNum);

when i render, i do it like this

void Graphic::render()
{
	for (unsigned int c = 0; c < Component::entityComponents.size(); ++c) {
		std::multimap<unsigned int, Component*>::iterator cItr = Component::entityComponents.find(c);
		std::multimap<unsigned int, Component*>::iterator lastC = Component::entityComponents.upper_bound(c);

if(cItr != Component::entityComponents.end()){

for (; cItr != lastC; ++cItr) {
				if (cItr->second->getComType() == ComType::Space) {
					glm::vec3 position = cItr->second->getPos();
					glm::mat4 translate = glm::translate(Camera::camMatrix(), position);
					glm::mat4 rotate = glm::rotate(translate, 2.0f, glm::vec3(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f));
					glm::mat4 fullMatrix = glm::scale(rotate, glm::vec3(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f));
					currentShader.addUniform("transformationMatrix", fullMatrix);

//printf("%f  %f  %f 

", Camera::position.x, Camera::position.y, Camera::position.z);
				}
				if (cItr->second->getComType() == ComType::Mesh) {
					GLuint vaoID = cItr->second->getVAO();
					unsigned int indexNum = cItr->second->getIndexNum();
					glBindVertexArray(vaoID);
					glEnableVertexArrayAttrib(vaoID, 0);
					glEnableVertexArrayAttrib(vaoID, 1);
					glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES, indexNum, GL_UNSIGNED_INT, nullptr);
					glBindVertexArray(0);
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

i checked using breakpoints, the vao stays the same. and i did not change any of the loading or rendering process. i just changed how i access the ids in my entity objects.
Is there anything else openGL needs for rendering exept an integer ID and an integer of index Count?

thanks

Okay its fixed now, but i dont know why. I played around and started copying the rendering in the loading function and then i called the loading function every frame (together with my other rendering function). i got 2 cubes, which had me wondering because i expected one (from the loadMesh function). when i erased the rendering part from the loadMesh function the one cube from the render() function stayed there! i dont know what happened, but it just works now. it might be because i called

glEnableVertexArrayAttrib(vaoID, 0); 
glEnableVertexArrayAttrib(vaoID, 1); 

when i copied the rendering part but i am not calling it anymore now and it still works! really weird.

EDIT: it looks like i HAVE to use glCreateBuffers instead of glGenBuffers. that was literally it.

Yes actually - if you use any DSA function then you really should be using them everywhere. In particular there is a difference between glGen* (which just gives you a free name but doesn’t create the object) and glCreate* (which does create the object).