PDA

View Full Version : How to buffer frames in GPU and use them as textures in the future render processing

GH_HOME
10-10-2016, 11:09 PM
hi,everyone, what I want to do is buffer 15 frames from camera as texture into GPU, which I will use in the future rendering processing. For Android device, I follow the code of grafika, frame data transfer from camera preview to SurfaceTexture, then flow to specific Texture id in OpenGL. I try the following ways:

1. I create 15 offscreen EGLsurface(Pbuffer), and put render different frame data to these Pbuffer. but I don't know how to use these Pbuffer as texture in the following render processing.
2. I try to use FBO to copy texture data from different texture id, but since I get texture from camera, the texture type is like GLES11Ext.GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES, and the function glFramebufferTexture2D need use GLES20.GL_TEXTURE_2D, I don't know how to transfer data type between these two types.

So How can I do to buffer frames in GPU and use them as textures in the future render processing.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

john_connor
10-11-2016, 02:41 AM
1. I create 15 offscreen EGLsurface(Pbuffer), and put render different frame data to these Pbuffer. but I don't know how to use these Pbuffer as texture in the following render processing.

why dont you creare 15 textures ?
and when you want to fill datainto a certain texture, attach it to your framebuffer and render into it

later when you want to read from a certain texture, bind it to any texture unit and sample from it as you would normally do
but make sure you dont read and write into the same texture simultaneously

GH_HOME
10-11-2016, 03:28 AM
why dont you creare 15 textures ?
attach it to your framebuffer and render into it

Thanks for your replay!
yes, I generate several textures and want to attach them to framebuffer, since I should use function
glFramebufferTexture2D(GLenum target,
GLenum attachment,
GLenum textarget,
GLuint texture,
GLint level);

to attach texture to framebuffer.
The parameter "textarget" should be GL_TEXTURE_2D, but in my case, the texture target come from camera is GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES, which is not accepted in this function. How can I do?

Silence
10-12-2016, 02:41 AM
My guess is that you should convert from this external oes format into a more common format.
A quick google search led me to that this format is generally a YUV format. You'll need a RGB-kind format. Here (https://www.fourcc.org/fccyvrgb.php) is an example on how the conversion works.

GClements
10-12-2016, 03:24 AM
2. I try to use FBO to copy texture data from different texture id, but since I get texture from camera, the texture type is like GLES11Ext.GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES, and the function glFramebufferTexture2D need use GLES20.GL_TEXTURE_2D, I don't know how to transfer data type between these two types.

The framebuffer texture needs to be a RGB/RGBA texture.

You reference the image as a texture using glEGLImageTargetTexture2DOES(), then bind the texture to a texture unit using the GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES target, then access it from within the fragment using a uniform variable of type samplerExternalOES. The implementation will perform any YUV to RGB conversion, but it won't perform any gamma correction; if that's required, it needs to be done in the shader (and any interpolation will be performed in the original colour space).