creating rendering context other than 3.0 makes app crash

Hi everyone, I have been working on my game engine for a while now, I am using glfw to create and initialize the window and the context. Everything worked fine until I tried to ask glfw to create me an context of version higher than 3.0 (which defaults to).
Glfw looks like is not the issue here, I contacted the guys and looks like glfw can create the context properly, I have opengl 4.5 supported.
When I use an higher context I start to get fails on the most simpler opengl calls like in my VertexBuffer wrapper class:

VertexBuffer::VertexBuffer(GLuint upload_type) :
							m_upload_type(upload_type),m_size(0)
{
	glGenBuffers(1,&m_buffer_index);	
}

void VertexBuffer::bind() const
{
	glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, m_buffer_index);
	assert(glGetError()==0);
}

I my assertion get triggered in the bind method, returning error 1280, which googling should stand for GL_INVALID_ENUM. The buffer index is correctly generated and used.
I have been scratching my head about this problem for a while and having trouble figuring out the problem.

The guys on glfw repository mentioned that maybe my glew was outdated, but I am running on latest glew, 1.13.

If i let the context default to 3.0 everything works fine, all my rendering , shadows etc.

Any clue on this matter?

PS: glew is loading fine and does not report errors.

M.

after furtther investigation looks like opengl crashed way before my assertion, i will walk back the stack trace , i will report when i find more

Tracked the problem all the way up to glewInit().
After much research I found that is actually a know bug in glew since years, to know more please refer to:
https://github.com/glfw/glfw/issues/766#issuecomment-222752672