GLEW License

Hi Guys,

I plan on developing software that I will be selling and I don’t want to release the source code for it.

Can someone explain in plain english how the glew library license works?

The GLEW source code is available under 3 licenses:

[ul]
[li]Modified BSD license [/li][li]Mesa 3D license which is basically a renamed X11 license [/li][li]Khronos license which is also a arenamed X11 license [/li][/ul]

So AFAIK you basically have a choice between the modified BSD and X11 (aka MIT) license. The later is the more
permissive one which basically says you are free to do whatever you want, but you must include a copy of the
license and everything you mess up is your fault.

Seriously, read the license text, they are all rather short and as plain english as it gets.

On the other hand, the program that generates the GLEW source code is licensed under the terms of the
GNU GPL version 2.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TEXT DOES NOT PRESENT ANY LEGAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. I DO NOT GUARANTEE
CORRECTNESS OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILLITY OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ON
YOUR PART OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM CORRECT OR INCORRECT INTERPRETATION OF THIS TEXT.

Or in plain english:

[ul]
[li]I am not a lawyer [/li][li]I am not your lawyer [/li][li]This is not my case [/li][/ul]