PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Free Video Converter

tessdana
05-26-2015, 02:56 AM
When I switched over from Win98 to WinXP, I found that a couple of video clips (I think around 10) do not work right. When played, they are stretched horizontality, like widescreen, but they are no supposed to be. I found out that this has something to do with either how they were encoded or that Windows Media Player does not like the specific mpeg codec. Either way, I've found that if I convert them to another format (such as avi) they work fine. The problem is all the converts I've come across either cost money (which I don't want to do for only 10 files) or trialware, but they leave their logo in the middle of the clip. So does anyone know where I can find a Free Video Convert, mpeg to something to be specific?

IanEuber
06-03-2015, 02:54 AM
When I switched over from Win98 to WinXP, I found that a couple of video clips (I think around 10) do not work right. When played, they are stretched horizontality, like widescreen, but they are no supposed to be. I found out that this has something to do with either how they were encoded or that Windows Media Player does not like the specific mpeg codec. Either way, I've found that if I convert them to another format (such as avi) they work fine. The problem is all the converts I've come across either cost money (which I don't want to do for only 10 files) or trialware, but they leave their logo in the middle of the clip. So does anyone know where I can find a Free Video Convert, mpeg to something to be specific?

You can try the Amoyshare free video downloader to download what you want, then use the Total Media Solution to convert formats.

Chicken Cuddles
06-24-2015, 12:25 AM
Hi, according to my daughter, she is currently using the clipconverter.cc. for a free video converter. It is reliable. You may want to try it for your video downloading:)