PDA

View Full Version : Render frame with OpenGL in Qt

jgdddd
05-14-2015, 09:26 AM
Hi all,

I am looking in net to one example to render YUV420 frame with opengl in qt project. In actual state, I have one opengl surface under qml that can paint an image, that I create following qtopengl examples, but what I want is create YUV420 video render in opengl. Any guide or little example to follow? I am looking in google, etc, but I cannot achieve a good solution to start to work.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this question is silly or something like that but I'm very newbie in OpenGL and Qt.

joffadark
05-15-2015, 02:49 PM
Hi all,

I am looking in net to one example to render YUV420 frame with opengl in qt project. In actual state, I have one opengl surface under qml that can paint an image, that I create following qtopengl examples, but what I want is create YUV420 video render in opengl. Any guide or little example to follow? I am looking in google, etc, but I cannot achieve a good solution to start to work.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this question is silly or something like that but I'm very newbie in OpenGL and Qt.

Why you need to render YUV420 frame exactly over OpenGL? Maybe, you'll try SDL2 (https://www.libsdl.org/) ?
SDL crossplatform library, and it uses OS independing render backend. In Windows - DirectX, in Linux - OpenGL, in OS X - cocoa, etc.

jgdddd
05-19-2015, 06:30 AM
Not possible use SDL