Start with OpenGL

Hi all,
First i want to say that my english is not very good, i am Colombian.

I have tried to start in this topic, but i am confused,i don’t know as start.
I downloaded two books, the first is: “The Red Book: The OpenGL Programmer’s guide” and the second is: “OpenGL Superbible, 6th edition_ Comprehensive Tutorial and Reference”.

The red book provides a libraries who i put in the folder “Mingw” that is inside of “Codeblocks”.

I builded the first exercise which the red book has and the codeblocks throws many errors for example:

undefined reference to __glutInitWithExit' undefined reference to__glutCreateWindowWithExit’
undefined reference to `__glutCreateMenuWithExit’

i don’t know what to do, i tried putting the libraries but that don’t work. Help me please.

you should config your computer correctly with glut lib, according to the books. it’s a pain procedure.

The red book provides a libraries who i put in the folder “Mingw” that is inside of “Codeblocks”.

I builded the first exercise which the red book has and the codeblocks throws many errors for example:

undefined reference to __glutInitWithExit' undefined reference to __glutCreateWindowWithExit’
undefined reference to `__glutCreateMenuWithExit’

i don’t know what to do, i tried putting the libraries but that don’t work. Help me please.
I started doing OpenGL on an iMac with Code::Blocks recently. It turns out that Code::Blocks provides a template for developing GL apps using GLUT. It comes with a small demo program that compiles and runs nicely. They make it easy for you. Your error messages imply that you haven’t linked with the GLUT library. The Code::Blocks template sets that up for you. Look for the templates option when you open Code::Blocks. Good luck.