conversion of 3D data to 2D data

Hello forum,

I am not sure if this the thread where the issue is to be posted. When one of the possible responsibilities of a 3D programmer is to convert 3D data to 2D data - what exactly does it mean ? Any basic example to it ?

And what role does OpenGL has here ?

Regards
Sajjad

When one of the possible responsibilities of a 3D programmer is to convert 3D data to 2D data - what exactly does it mean ?

No idea. I mean, I could guess, but anything I come up with would be rather special case. And it’s unlikely to be what the person you got that statement from was referring to.

I’d be rather more concerned about who it was that said/wrote this. You may be misunderstanding the statement.

Hi

I wish I could forward you the link that made the statement, but it is not in English. It is related to 3D printing and the entity that works in that domain is looking for a thesis worker.

So I am making the translation of the part it is referring to :

“In the role of 3D programmer you will be responsible for the further development of 3D converter that converts 3D data into 2D data. Responsibilities include gathering information from defects in materials, mechanical engineering manager and project manager then enhance and customize the software solution for the machine.”

I hope, now I shall get some hint on the issue I asked initially.

Thanks

Since that’s in reference to 3D printing, my guess is that it’s referring to slicing up a 3D model into 2D segments for printing purposes. But it would probably be easier to simply ask them what they’re talking about. Or perhaps, ask 3D printing people.