Graphics Card problems with OpenGL 2.0 (yes i have an old computer)

I was forced to reformat my system because it wasn’t booting up, and now it doesn’t seem to want to use OpenGL 2.0. I load up a game, look at the console, and it says i am using OpenGL 1.4. However, my Graphics card supports 2.0. (and yes, i have checked) I have tried updating my driver, and it still seems to use OpenGL 1.4. If someone could help, (No, telling me i need a new computer does NOT help) that would be great. Graphics Card: ATI RADEON Xpress 200
Please help, I want to be able to run Quake 1 in the DarkPlaces engine again.

Certain Intel® HD Graphics Cards do not meet the minimum system requirements for video cards.

1280×800 Minimum Resolution
256 MB dedicated video RAM
Full OpenGL 2 compatibility
Millions of Colors
Much of todays modern graphics software, including tools from onOne and Adobe require OpenGL 2.0 (see Adobe’s Open GL article here for Photoshop CS6). This means you need to have a video card that supports this, plus the most up-to-date drivers from the card manufacturer. Just because your video card meets these requirements doesn’t mean that the driver you are using takes advantage of them. Its important on Windows computers to update the video card driver frequently. Below are instructions on how to tell if your video card supports OpenGL 2.0 and how to update your driver to the latest version.

[QUOTE=kaufenpreis;1264972]Certain Intel® HD Graphics Cards do not meet the minimum system requirements for video cards.

1280×800 Minimum Resolution
256 MB dedicated video RAM
Full OpenGL 2 compatibility
Millions of Colors
Much of todays modern graphics software, including tools from onOne and Adobe require OpenGL 2.0 (see Adobe’s Open GL article here for Photoshop CS6). This means you need to have a video card that supports this, plus the most up-to-date drivers from the card manufacturer. Just because your video card meets these requirements doesn’t mean that the driver you are using takes advantage of them. Its important on Windows computers to update the video card driver frequently. Below are instructions on how to tell if your video card supports OpenGL 2.0 and how to update your driver to the latest version.[/QUOTE]

I said before the reformat, it was using opengl 2.0. (I know because minecraft’s latest version requires at least 2.0, and I could run Minecraft at the time, albeit with intense lag, but it ran with little to no graphical issues.) I also said I already tried to update it, yet it didn’t seem to help. I also already check for compatibility using a program called speccy. It says it is compatible. If you might know what the problem could be, that would be great, but thanks for trying to help.