Updating a Project From V.C 6.0 to Visual Studio 2013

Hello all:

First of all,I hace no idea of using OpenGL but I’m trying to update a project that uses OpenGl. The problem is that it uses the library glaux.lib and it give me SAFESEH errors. I know that is a very old and not updated library

Error	4	error LNK2026: module unsafe for en SAFESEH.	C:\...\glaux.lib(image.obj)
Error	7	error LNK2026: module unsafe for en SAFESEH.	C:\...\glaux.lib(tk.obj)	
Error	6	error LNK2026: module unsafe for en SAFESEH.	C:\...\glaux.lib(tkdib.obj)	
Error	5	error LNK2026: module unsafe for en SAFESEH.	C:\..\glaux.lib(tkimage.obj)	

Disabling SAFESEH is not a solution becaus it gives me more than 100 erros (Its quite a big project :stuck_out_tongue: )

So does anybody know how to solve this errors?

Thank you!!!:D:D:D

If you’re updating the project, then you should simply replace all the GLaux stuff with some other library(ies). Most people used GLaux for image loading, so find a library that handles image loading for you.

For SAFESEH you can find the setting under Project Properties, Linker, Advanced, then set “Image has Safe Exception Handlers” to “No”.

Either way I second Alfonse’s advice to just use something else instead of glaux: in the longer term you’re going to have other compatibility issues with it.

Thank you for replying so fast :slight_smile:

I’ll try replacing it because if I use the \NOSAFESEH option i get 160 errors of lnk2001 unresolved external symbol :doh: