Getting the SOIL lib working

Hay guys I know there a lots of threats where people ask how to get it working, but (ofc) mine is a bit different.

I’m using VS2012 and can’t compile the .lib by myself, so I want to ask you how to make it work.

I included the headers alrdy and now I only need the libSOIL.lib. I tested if setting the path to the lib folder and renaming the libSOIL.a to libSOIL.lib works but it doesn’t work for me.

Is there a posibility to get this working on VS2012?

Would be nice to get an answer and sry if this is a silly question but I didn’t find any solution to it.

Greetings
UndeadLeech

Are you getting errors from the linker (please post them) or what exactly is the problem you are running into? Are you listing the library under “additional libraries” (or similar) in the linker tab of the project settings?
For C++ code it is (in general) not possible to use code compiled with a different version of VS - the ABI changes between versions - for C code the same problem may exist. So if you are unlucky you may still have to compile the lib yourself.

Errors I’m getting are these typical linker errors I think:

Error	1	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __alloca referenced in function _stbi_zlib_decode_noheader_buffer
Error	2	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sqrtf referenced in function _RGBE_to_RGBdivA2

I should have linked right. Added path and (not existing) .lib (tried to rename the .a) and other stuff worked like that.

I think I would have to compile it myself but don’t really know how I do it because I can’t find any VC++2012 files in there to compile it. :frowning:
Aren’t there any precompiled VC++2012 libs for SOIL? Or can anyone help and tell me what i have to compile because I can’t use anything existing in the file you can download on the website of SOIL.

I know this might be pretty noobish but I thought that’s what the beginners forum is there for.

I’m looking for an easy way to get this lib working would be nice if I could get ur help and go back to my project!

Greetings
UndeadLeech