SDK Premake4 Issue

I’ve been unable to build the sdk’s libraries via premake4, however I’ve managed to build other tutorials just fine.
I’m using “premake4 gmake” in order to build the makefile, however it never gets past
“checking whether make sets $<MAKE>…”

I’m on Windows 8 and using MinGW, does anyone know what is going wrong?
Thanks.

I’ve managed to build other tutorials just fine.

That’s not actually possible. If the SDK libraries don’t build, the tutorials won’t build either. And conversely, if the tutorials built, the SDK must have built successfully.

If you can run the tutorials, then you did everything fine. Somehow.

[QUOTE=Alfonse Reinheart;1250244]That’s not actually possible. If the SDK libraries don’t build, the tutorials won’t build either. And conversely, if the tutorials built, the SDK must have built successfully.

If you can run the tutorials, then you did everything fine. Somehow.[/QUOTE]
No makefile was generated for the sdk and the premake4 process never got past “checking whether make sets $<MAKE>…”, while a makefile was generated for the tutorials and the process completed. If this is “working” then maybe I’m misunderstanding something.
On a side note, the tutorials that build correctly are from www.arcsynthesis.org/gltut, not part of the sdk package. I’m sorry if that was not clear.

while a makefile was generated for the tutorials and the process completed.

What do you mean by “the process”? Do you mean that Premake4 finished, or that Premake4 finished and you successfully built the resulting makefile? Because Premake4 is just the start.

The process of building the makefile using premake4.

Try editing the freeglut.lua file in the freeglut directory under glsdk, replacing the text with this:

if(_ACTION == "gmake") then
	if(os.get() == "linux" or os.get() == "bsd") then
		os.execute("sh ./configure");
	end
end

project "freeglut"
	kind "StaticLib"
	language "c"
	includedirs {"include"}
	targetdir "lib"
	files {"src/*.c"};

defines {"FREEGLUT_STATIC", "_LIB", "FREEGLUT_LIB_PRAGMAS=0"}

configuration "windows"
		defines "WIN32"

configuration {"gmake", "linux or bsd"}
        defines {"HAVE_CONFIG_H", }
        includedirs {"."}

configuration "Debug"
		targetsuffix "D"
		defines "_DEBUG"
		flags "Symbols"

configuration "Release"
		defines "NDEBUG"
		flags {"OptimizeSpeed", "NoFramePointer", "ExtraWarnings", "NoEditAndContinue"};

That worked, thanks!