Error running glutinit() on new machine

Hi,
I was running OpenGL with VS 2005 Express and C++ on an XP and just moved up to a more powerful machine with Windows 7 Professional, VS 2010 Express, C++ and a GTX 660 card. However, the simplest OpenGL program will not run (normal cout with “Hello World” does run) and I get the message box: “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).”
When I searched this forum for the error code I found the comment that I was mixing 32-bit and 64-bit code, but I just redownloaded freeglut and I get the same error. The code has "glutInit() and return 0 as the only lines in main() that do anything. How do I get started?
Thanks,
Stig

[quote]The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).p/quote]
The 2 causes I have seen for this are a miss-match of 32bit and 64bit and the driver being out of date.

If your VS 2005 Express is defaulting to 64-bit code try changing it to 32bit or verse-versa.

Thanks for the suggestion!

[QUOTE=tonyo_au;1248709]

If your VS 2005 Express is defaulting to 64-bit code try changing it to 32bit or verse-versa.

The VS 2010 Express I’m using allows a platform of Win32 but no other possibility. How can I change that to 64-bit (as the computer is and the freeglut in the download is)?

Or, do I need to go to 32-bit freeglut?

Thanks, Stig

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.