Trouble with arcsynthesis tutorial

I compiled the first tutorial, but it shows a console window and exits right away.

I managed to read the error message that says it failed to creat a opengl context which is very weird because I have created many opengl contexts using sfml and freeglut in my past projects

Is that supposed to happen?

Can you post the exact error message? Just run the executable from the console.

It’s hard to read the error message because it closes right away, but it said “unable to create OpenGL 3.3 context”

It’s hard to read the error message because it closes right away

That’s why I said “run the executable from the console.” You know, open up a command prompt, go to the directory, and execute it.

unable to create OpenGL 3.3 context

If that is indeed the error you are getting, then either your hardware doesn’t support GL 3.3, or your drivers don’t support GL 3.3. What hardware and graphics drivers are you using?

That’s what I thought, I’m have the cheap Intel graphics. I checked the website and it only supports up to 2.1
Is there other way I can do this?

Sorry, but there’s nothing that can be done (outside of rewriting them). The tutorials are written against OpenGL 3.3. I believe it says this on the “What You Need” page.

Of course, you can still read the text and learn from that. But you can’t run the code or do the exercises.

[QUOTE=kiwon0905;1242093]That’s what I thought, I’m have the cheap Intel graphics. I checked the website and it only supports up to 2.1
Is there other way I can do this?[/QUOTE]

It seems you are out of luck here. OpenGL 2.1 is from 2006, and the tutorial is about “Modern 3D programming”. Much of the 3D parts of the tutorial was possible already in 2006, but the programmatic way is now different.

You either have the option to use another computer, another graphics card or stay with OpenGL 2.1. There are many tutorials out there for the legacy OpenGL, but I wouldn’t recommend it. See Legacy OpenGL - OpenGL Wiki.